Academic thesis

Caroline Aßmann: Wall Paintings of the Choirchapel the Roman-Cath. Church St. Martin, Filzingen (Germany). Back
Language: Original   -   Translation
Overview:  
 
Abstract: Wall paintings of the roman choirchapel (Chorturmanlage) St. Martin, Filzingen. The building dates back to the 13th century. The paintings cover the walls completely and were carried out by the elder Casper Sichelbein from Memmingen in 1594, donor of the paintings was Ernst Freiherr von Rechberg. Rediscovery of the frescos in the beginning of the 20th century. In 1907 first restoration by Hagenmiller from Regensburg, in the 50ies second restoration by Senf and Doll from Munich, use of gypsum for wholes closing. In 1998 the outside of the building was redone. Draining system along the whole foundation of the building, replacement of the cement plaster works by a lime mortar. In early summer 2000 technological examination of the wall painting today`s state and condition, technique of the wall painting, physical behavior and development of a treatment proposal: Consalidation of the paint layer, cleaning of the surfaces, treatment of microbiological contamination, filling of gaps, removal of gypsum putties and replacement by lime mortar fillings and finally inpainting of these fillings to match the surrounding original areas.

Top

Details:
  • academic institution:  HAWK Hildesheim/ Holzminden/ Göttingen
  • kind of theses:  Diplomarbeit
  • main Tutor:  Prof. Dr. Ivo Hammer
  • assistant Tutor:  Dipl.-Rest. Johannes Amann
  • date:  2000
  • Language:  German
  • pages:  71
  • pictures:  57
Back

The Hornemann Institute offers only the information displayed here. For further information or copies of academic work, please contact the author or - if there is no contact provided - the secretariats of the respective faculties.